We work with all insurance companies to repair your vehicle after an accident. The insurance claim process can be daunting for some. If you have had an accident call Dunsborough Smash Repairs directly and we will talk you through the process step by step.
Here is some general info regarding insurance policies and claim processes.
What Does Choice of Repairer Mean?
Many insurance policies allow you choice of repairer, although you may need to request this when making a claim. When your insurance policy gives you 'choice of repairer', it means you have the power to choose the repair service you want after an accident. If you have to use a 'preferred repairer', it means you have to go to a repairer that your insurer has chosen and has an existing agreement with.
What are the benefits of having Choice of Repairer?
- CHOICE is freedom and control! The power of having a choice will ensure you can make the right decision for YOU. Talk to your friends, do your research, and make an informed choice about who will repair your vehicle to ensure you have peace of mind at the end of the process.
- Independent repairers have a focus on quality and safety
- We ONLY use Genuine Parts and Superior Paint products.
- You DO NOT need to ‘shop around’ for quotes. We will liaise with your insurance company directly regarding the repair costs.
- When you support locally owned businesses, the profit goes directly into your local community.
- When dealing with an independent repairer, you will have one point of contact throughout the process. We will work directly with you throughout the process from the day of your accident to the day you pick your car up fully repaired.
- After Service Care is a key component to local small business. We take pride in our work and want to ensure every customer is satisfied. We also look to build relationships with ALL of our customers so that in the unfortunate event that you, or one of your family members requires our services again, we have already built that partnership taking the stress out of the process.
What are the risks of NOT having choice of repairer?
- One of the biggest disadvantages of using your insurers chosen repairer is that it will often be located outside of your local area. Request your local repair shop to ensure convenience and quality, as well as supporting local small business.
- Larger corporate repair networks are often driven by time and cost restraints. In order to work within these restraints, quality control and attention to detail may be affected. Smaller independent repairers rely on excellence in customer service and consistent highquality repairs in order to thrive as a business.
- There are currently no controls over the use of nongenuine parts and inferior paint products. To ensure ONLY genuine parts and superior products are used, contact your local repairer directly.
How do I make a claim?
- Call Dunsborough Smash Repairs to discuss your damage
- Lodge a claim with your insurance company, notifying them of your chosen repairer
- Bring your vehicle to us for a free assessment and quote – we will then take over all interactions with your insurance company to ensure a stress-free process.
- Drop your vehicle to us for repairs
- Pick up your vehicle in pre-crash condition with the assurance of a comprehensive quality and safety check
- Enjoy the benefits of supporting a local business – including genuine after service care, familiarity of our staff and services for future dealings (including detailing, paint protection, and preparation for sale services), and be reassured that the small business you are supporting gives directly back to your local community.